If you’re reading this post, I suspect I can guess some things about you. You sometimes feel politically engaged to the point of feeling overwhelmed, you feel furious about the direction our country is taking, and you know a lot about Montana politics.
Your best friends might not.
Maybe your friend who is a nurse doesn’t have time between his shifts at the ER and his second gig to pay for his mortgage to follow politics as closely as he’d like. Your friends, whether the one who actually runs livestock on her ranch or the one who works three part-time jobs to support his family, care just as much as you do about our country, but might not have the time to learn much about the candidates other than what they see on ads.
They might not even vote, reasoning that midterms just aren’t that important or that they just don’t know enough to cast a responsible ballot.
And that’s where you come in. Over the next few days, I’d like to ask the readers of the Montana Post a favor. Share one story about Matt Rosendale—about his unfitness for office, his support for regressive policies, his opposition to public schools and veterans—with some of those friends.
Share a piece that will hit them closely, about an issue you know they care about and then make sure they’re registered to vote and remind them just how small the margins in past elections have been.
There are so many reasons, many of them reason enough on their own, that Matt Rosendale isn’t fit to represent us in Washington.
Parents ought to know that Rosendale doesn’t believe in Pell Grants, hunters should know that he’s worked against our public lands, your parents should know that he supports gutting Medicare, veterans should know that he opposes their healthcare.
And everyone should know he voted against kids with Down Syndrome and efforts to reduce human trafficking.
Let’s do our best to make sure that our friends who plan to vote—and perhaps even more critically, those who don’t—know just where his priorities are and what kind of Senator he would make.
Make sure they know exactly what not getting out to support Jon Tester might mean. And next week, we’ll put together a list of the most important work Tester has done to share with your more positive friends.
- A Vote for Matt Rosendale Would Be a Disaster for Montanans With Pre-Existing Conditions
- Matt Rosendale Voted Against Veterans Homes in Butte and Columbia Falls
- Matt Rosendale Wants to Gut Medicare and Medicaid
- Matt Rosendale Voted Against His Own Party to Protect Human Traffickers
- Matt Rosendale Took Campaign Cash from Insurance Industry He Regulates
- Matt Rosendale Attended an Extremist Event Supporting Anti-Government, Violent Rhetoric
- Matt Rosendale Supports a Supreme Court Justice Who Supports the Worst Abuses of the Patriot Act
- Matt Rosendale Took Campaign Cash from Donors Before Dropping Fines Against Them
- Matt Rosendale Was Endorsed by Citizens United, the Group That Brought Unlimited Dark Money into American Elections
- As State Auditor, Matt Rosendale Has Promoted HealthShare And Junk Insurance Scams
- Rosendale Engaged in “Money Laundering Scheme” to Circumvent Campaign Contribution Limits
- Matt Rosendale Supported a Massive Transfer and Eventual Sale of Our Public Lands
- Matt Rosendale Voted Against Cost-Effective Therapy for Children with Down Syndrome, Siding with Insurers
- Matt Rosendale Argued Against Pell Grants and Student Loan Programs
- Matt Rosendale Voted Against Paycheck Equality for Women
- Matt Rosendale Voted Against Home Loans for Veterans and Against Scholarships for Purple Heart Recipients
- Matt Rosendale Illegally Coordinated with Dark Money Groups Running Ads for Him
- Matt Rosendale Repeatedly Lied About His Support for People with Preexisting Conditions
- Matt Rosendale Voted Against Volunteer Firefighters
- Matt Rosendale Refuses to do the Work of State Auditor, Campaigns on Our Dime
- Matt Rosendale Voted to Enrich Himself in the Montana Legislature
- Matt Rosendale Has Repeatedly Associated with An Anti-Government, Anti-Semitic Pastor
- Matt Rosendale Hired a Campaign Spokesman Best Known for Lying to the Public
- Matt Rosendale Lied to Montanans for Years About Being a Rancher
- Matt Rosendale Committed Perjury and Declared Himself a Maryland Resident for a Tax Break
- Matt Rosendale Has Supported Bigots, White Supremacists, and Anti-Government Militias
- Matt Rosendale Supported Judge Roy Moore After Allegations About His Pursuit of Young Girls Was Exposed
- Rosendale Supports Trump Tariffs That Will Devastate Montana’s Ag Producers
- Matt Rosendale Supported a Government Shutdown to End Coverage for Pre-Existing Conditions
- Matt Rosendale Smeared a Sexual Assault Survivor for Political Gain