I’ve been doing a little reading about GOP candidate for governor Neil Livingstone and I’m forced to admit that he has the most interesting resume of any candidate who has ever run for governor in Montana. Well, except for Bob Kelleher, who I am expecting to enter the contest any day.
What’s Livingstone done, other than appearing as a fixture on Fox News?
- He’s run operations for criminally-indicted daughter of the dictator of Uzbekistan.
- He’s worked for an Islamic-Marxist Iranian terrorist organization involved in “assassination of U.S. military personnel and civilians in the 1970s” and who received the patronage of Saddam Hussein until 2003.
- He’s experienced in the legal system, having been sued by his former corporation for stealing clients.
- He advised Oliver North during Iran-Contra.
- He’s brokered deals for criminals to have high level meetings with Justice Department officials.
- He’s passed on death threats for clients.
Just think how those skills can benefit Montana. Still fighting court cases with Wyoming over water rights? Maybe a little extra-judicial persuasion is in order. The Home Guard needs training? Call in some Islamic militants to prepare them.
Neil Livingstone: definitely the man for the Montana GOP, at least the version in the Legislature today.