(I’ve written the long post about why I haven’t been blogging this week about three times–I’ll get back to it. Some of you might have missed me. 🙂 In the meantime, some quick takes on the news:
- Ever wonder how an unmitigated gasbag, chickenhawk racist like Saxby Chambliss could win an election against a decorated war hero like Max Cleland? Maybe an illegal, late-night patch of Georgia’s Diebold voting machines helps explain it.
- Charles Johnson gives Conrad Burns another free pass, this time on his changing position on Iraq. The Mike Dennison story on a DSCC ad offers a useful contrast.
- Please, let this be untrue. Arianna Huffington says the Democrats plan to run on the economy and jobs.
- Derek Jeter? Derek Jeter? The consensus pick for MVP? 16th in the AL in .OPS, 19th in RBIs, 3rd in Runs, 58th in Homeruns, 5th among AL shortstops in Fielding Percentage, and last in range? I know the boys at ESPN think there are only two teams in baseball, but Jeter as the MVP is absurd. Playing on a team with a $200 million dollar payroll, Jeter might be worth a couple of wins a season. How could he be the MVP over someone like Justin Morneau? Jermaine Dye? Joe Mauer? Jim Thome? Frank Thomas?
- John Sinrud, who bravely sacrifices his time at the Legislature, much like our brave soldiers overseas, is a tool.