Senator Steve Daines has deeply hurt Montana with his vote to weaken our economy and destroy jobs. Daines voted for the GOP tax hike scam that will change American life in terrible ways by cutting services, killing American manufacturing, weakening our economy and undermining our future.
- It sends jobs overseas. The GOP tax bill cuts to zero the tax rate for companies that ship factories and production overseas.
- It favors the rich and punishes workers. Workers who earn between $40,000 and $50,000 annually would pay $5.3 billion more under the GOP tax bill, while rich people who bring home more than $1 million a year would pay $5.8 billion less.
- It hurts our future. The GOP tax bill is bad for students because it ends tax deductions for student loan interest, tuition expenses and tuition assistance.
- It hurts education, health care and infrastructure. The GOP tax bill repeals the deduction for state and local income taxes, which pay for high-quality public education, infrastructure and good jobs.
- It hurts seniors and people with disabilities. The GOP tax bill ends tax deductions for out-of-pocket medical expenses.
In the Republican controlled Senate Steve Daines is making things worse, this bill hurts working people and shows a lack of leadership from Daines as he caved to pressure from senior Republican officials after initially saying he would not vote for the bill. Daines need to quit misleading Montanans and tell the truth about the horrible consequences of the Republican Tax Hike Scam.