A few readers have questioned how one might be able to tell if the 14th richest member of Congress, a man with a net worth of as much as $56 million dollars, and one who “owns the rims” around Billings might be struggling from the economic downturn he and his party created. I’ve created this brief list and would love to hear some more.
10. He has to further sub-divide the ranch his father and grandfather built, lying to potential homeowners in the process.
9. He waits until he gets a 10 cent discount on gas with his Safeway Club Card before filling up his personal helicopter.
5. He resorts to paying Erik Iverson over the table or lets taxpayers pick up the tab.
4. He votes to cut vital services to the elderly, firefighters, veterans, police, schoolchildren and more to reduce his own tax burden.
3. He asked Steve Daines if he could have some of those cool Senate signs he had lying around in his garage.
2. He advocates gutting the Pell Grant program because college graduates are much more expensive to hire than those making the new minimum wage of $1.25/hour.
1. He sues the city of Billings and its hard-working firefighters to raise a little personal cash.