It’s interesting—reading back through each week’s winning tweets was sort of like reading a Sparknotes version of a novel. While the broad strokes of the session certainly came through, the real impact was a bit muted.
Thanks to everyone for the entertaining (and occasionally insightful) commentary that kept watch the session a bit more bearable.
I’ll be selecting the session winner in a few days, so feel free to point out your favorite.
- @JameeGreer:There’s been gender neutral bathrooms in the #MTLeg basement for well-over a week now and nobody has died, been assaulted, or harassed.
- @Mike_Wessler:You know what’s more irresponsible than a headline? Destroying our environment and constitution #MTLeg
- @elliehill:So far, serving in the 62nd Montana Legislature is sort of like serving in the Alabama legislature… in 1954. #MTLeg
- @problembear: all this legislative right wing intrusive anti-choice politics by #MTleg would die quickly if it involved penises instead of vaginas.
- @ShelbiDantic: Fav quote of the day, Rep. Cook, “my passport is still valid- I don’t have to get one forthe confederate counties of MT.” Great day. #MTleg
- @nikizupanic: Nullification: “You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.” #mtleg
- @problembear: after all the anti-woman republican maneuvers in #MTLeg these days the young republicans are looking kind of lonely on campus these days
- @BobBrigham: #MTleg: GOP should introduce an English-only bill to get Montanans to quit referring to GOP this session as “Guano Loco”
- @inthemilk:Sen. Windy Boy: Add retroactive applicability date of 1889 to bill requiring proof of U.S. residency for MT drivers license. #Awesome #MTLeg
- @brycebennet:Rep. Wagner stands up for a fetus’ constitutional right to bear arms.
- @Barkingskwerl:If #MTleg secedes our state from the union just think, Alberta can capture us and make Montana civilized again! Plus we’ll have health care.
- @Helena_Dshbag:Can’t stand @AGBullock’s blatant campaign scheme to crack down on Drunk Drivers, Totally wrecking my way of life. Hale for Gov 2011!! #mtleg
- @jknox65: Shame on those who laugh and claim we want to succeed
- @KevHamm:So, to sum up the actions so far in the #MTLeg – Republicans will make you have that baby, but once it’s born, it can &@*@ (my edit, sorry) right off.
- @kevhamm:Well, the #MTGOP took leave of their senses months ago, so why not take a leave of absence from their jobs they hate? #MTleg
- @BarkingSkwerl:New HCR bill: All males should now get their prostate checked at Juffy Lube. In & out in 15 minutes. Cutting the cost of health care! #Mtleg
- @TestaTime: Montana, spring 2011: Where the ski season and legislative sessions pretty much go on indefinitely. #mtleg
- @jhwygirl:Gov. Jan Brewer became reasonable when she realized AZ could fade away because crazytown went to Montana. #MTleg
- @snachodog:Maybe “The Zombie Legislature” because it just won’t Sine Die #mtleg