It’s hard to believe that it’s April, and even harder to believe that, after three months, the leadership of the Republican-dominated Legislature hasn’t come up with a real reform bill for medical marijuana, a reasonable budget, or a workable plan to fund schools. Perhaps it’s not that surprising when you review this week’s #MTLeg Tweets of the Week:
The Runners Up
- @Jensweten: The budget is the single most important thing the #mtleg has to do. Yeah, one day should be more than enough time to get it right.
- @jinmontana:Once again @RepWWarburton believes fertilized eggs should have full rights under the constitution, but NOT LGBT citizens. #mtleg
- @KevHamm:So, to sum up the actions so far in the #MTLeg – Republicans will make you have that baby, but once it’s born, it can &@*@ (my edit, sorry) right off.
- @MTSenDems:Sen Tropila: We gave the largest oil comp in the world a tax break can we not fund kids who are deaf and blind? http://bit.ly/hQY9Xi #MTLeg
- @brycebennett:Rep. Gibson: I bet everyone in this body has a family member or friend who is a homosexual. Do you love them? I do. #MTLeg
- @dodegaard: Note to Montana – Let’s not forget the legacy of poor choices about our future in 1997 as #MTLeg enters last days http://bit.ly/h7A72s
- @MontanaNut:#mtleg started out w/a funny anti-PowerPoint bill but tragically devolved into citizen disregard, pro-secession, & defense of DUI’ers
Winner by a Mile
@jknox65: Shame on those who laugh and claim we want to succeed