Your weekly collection of the best in 140 characters or less this week from the Montana Legislature. In the future, if you’d like to nominate a post, be sure to append the hashtag #MTLTOW so I see it. Far too much happens on the #MTLeg during the day when I am at school for me to catch up later.
- @brycebennet:These students from the School for the Deaf & Blind deserve so much more that the cuts they got in HB 2. Heartbreaking. #mtleg
- @ACLUMT: Harris Himes proposes extending #deathpenalty to drug smugglers and those who curse their parents.#mtleg
- @Mike_Wessler: In honor of #StPatricksDay, H State Admin moves the state towards the gold standard. #MTLeg
- @problembear:MT homosexual couples should file into police stations across montana and plead guilty to breaking MT law against homosexuals. #MTleg
- @jhwygirl:U can legally text while driving in MT, but u can’t do it while gay: http://is.gd/CXhckj & http://is.gd/wUYf2W #MTleg #LGBTQ #NOH8 #MTGOP
- @MontanaNut:State Representative Marbut offers an amendment to Sheriffs First bill in #MTLeg
- @inthemilk:House Judiciary wrap-up: Abused kids don’t need attorneys; consensual gay sex is still illegal; the death penalty’s awesome. Nice. #MTLeg
This Week’s Winner
@Barkingskwerl:If #MTleg secedes our state from the union just think, Alberta can capture us and make Montana civilized again! Plus we’ll have health care.