During the week that featured what Senator Carol Williams called “Black Friday,” this week’s Montana Blog Roundup isn’t exactly a cheerful look at Montana politics. Keep fighting, everyone!
- One of the most telling discussions this week centered around the incredible hypocrisy of the Republicans in the Montana Legislature, who as they decry excessive government spending, feed at the very trough they condemn. While not precisely a blog, the Policy Institute’s update is an absolute must-read.
- Over at 4&20 blackbirds, jhwygirl explored the GOP’s inconsistent and frankly illoligcal position on medical marijuana and opened up a discussion about how Larry Jent’s vote might suggest plans for another office. Another great post and discussion.
- The Button Valley Bugle wrote an important post up about Republican efforts to manage Montana fisheries after gutting environmental laws and bringing back the sweet, eco-friendly cyanide to Montana. By the way, you should be reading the BVB, if you’re not already.
- John Adams told the story about the Helena Independent Record’s decision to bar Planned Parenthood, which led to the IR covering it a day later, one assumes.
- MT Cowgirl captured the kind of thinking that’s leading to the Republicans voting against family services. I thought about running a poll about the most embarrassing legislator this session, but my scientific survey makes it clear that no one would vote for anyone but Representative Wagner.