In a week during which the Montana Legislature took its unique brandof governing by conspiracy theory to the national media, you may have missed some excellent posts on subjects other than President Obama’s place of birth. Here are a few of the most interesting.
- If you’re not reading D Gregory Smith’s From Eternity to Here, you certainly should be. His statement on HB 516 and HB 514 is an absolute must-read.
- It’s hard to point out a single post from 4and20blackbirds excellent coverage of the Legislature this week, but I most appreciated jhwygirl’s post asking why Governor Schweitzer decided this was an ideal time to announce he plans to ignore federal law about wolves. Seems like an odd time to join the nullification caucus.
- The Montanafesto blog continues its assault on the betrayal of conservative values by the Montana GOP at the Legislature, focusing on the “Code of the West” and the governance of ideologues.
- MT Cowgirl offered the most entertaining look at Representative McGillvray’s effort to legislate marriage and divorce.
- Conservative Jack the Blogger at the Western Word summarized Republican embarrassment about the national coverage of the birther bill and the folks at Montana’s preeminent conservative blog still don’t have a single word to say
aboutin defense of this legislative session. Something about attempting to defend the indefensible comes to mind.