At least Bob has had the good sense to stay quiet during the campaign. Elaine Sollie Herman keeps opening her mouth, and flailing away with her spelling-impaired hands on that goofy ol’Interweb. Jay Stevens at Left in the West demonstrates her latest campaign strategy, appealing to bigots and the illiterate. Elaine needs help in her campaign and posted this plea:
I am in MT running for State Superintendent of Public Instruction. I am asking for HELP from young concervative Bloggers. My web site is: electelainesollieherman.com "I live in the "Peoples Republic of Helena."My opposition is a young Indian.
You know what, Elaine? Maybe in your rush to notice your opponent’s ancestry, you overlooked a few other things:
- her experience as classroom teacher and coach
- her M.A. in Education from Harvard
- her law degree from the University of Montana
- her work at OPI dealing with the impact of No Child Left Behind
- her work at OPI as the Director of Indian Education
- her endorsements from the Great Falls Tribune, Billings Gazette and shortly, the rest of the papers in the state
Elaine, you’re not going to lose this race because Denise Juneau is Indian. You’re not going to lose because “concervative” bloggers have not supported you. You’re not going to lose because of media bias. You’re going to lose because Montanans know a qualified candidate when they see one, and will respond accordingly. Denise Juneau is the most qualified candidate who has run for the office in nearly a decade, and will make an excellent leader of our schools.