Ever have one of those days when nothing you write turns out the way you’d like it to? Four drafts on four subjects started, no blog entries written. Rough day.
So simple thoughts:
- Please let Willard win just enough states next Tuesday to stay in the race. The spectacle of the whole pantheon of Republican hackery suffering continued group apoplexy about John McCain has been too delightful to want it to end.
- Lieutenant Governor Bohlinger, my political party actually does have a big tent. Welcome in, if you’d like, but leave the bow tie, please.
- I’d like to propose a new rule. Whenever a Republican proposes a tax reduction, he/she be required by law to list the specific line items in the budget he/she proposes to cut.
- If you lack the reading comprehension skills necessary for a middling score on the SAT, should you really be a senior political correspondent for a national news network? I hear Faux is hiring, Jake.
- This is one of the sleaziest political pieces I have seen in this cycle. Wouldn’t a reputable chain have dropped Robert Novak by now? Wouldn’t an editor make someone known to be a liar use better sources than this?